Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
These cookies have placed first at the community fair numerous times. I've tweaked the recipe a bit to create a soft, moist cookie. Try a mix of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips! This cookie is always a hit with chocolate chip cookie lovers, kids, adults, etc.
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Melt butter and margarine, let cool slightly.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and sugars; mix well.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- Add baking soda and salt; mix.
- Add flour and mix until just blended.
- Do not overmix or the cookies get tough.
- Add chocolate chips, mix until just blended.
- Bake at 325°F for 16 minutes.