Recipe by KellyInNC #2
This chicken salad is a little different. It has a secret ingredient that makes everyone ask "what is that?" The key to any good salad, in my opinion, is to roast chicken on the bone with the skin on. Give this one a try and let me know what you think! Oh, and one more thing, you can subsitute the celery for chopped water chestnuts ( I did that for a friend who wasn't big on celery). Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 scallions
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place washed chicken breasts on baking sheet. Pat dry.
- Rub with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes (depending on size of chicken breasts).
- Cool. Remove skin and debone. Cut into bite sized chuncks.
- While chicken is roasting, dice celery, chop scallions- toss into a bowl.
- Mix together mayonaise (use a godd quality), rice vinegar, ginger powder, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Toss in chicken and almonds in with the chopped veggies and add the dressing.