Recipe by KellyInNC #2
This is a variation of Kelly's Crock Pot "smoked" Beef Roast or Brisket that I posted under KellyinNC (I can't access my old account!!). My family enjoys Western style Mexican dishes and I use this for tacos, enchiladas, stuff Anaheim peppers, tostados, the list goes on. You can make it as spicy as you like. Season heavily because the spices "steam away".
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
Wow! What a great way to make a roast! Super easy...no...BRAINLESS easy (which is what I need in my fast paced life!). Super flavorful and super moist! I used a jar of roasted red peppers instead of chilies and no cayenne...as I wouldn't have gotten my kids to eat it. A keeper for sure! Thank you for sharing! LA :-)
- 2 -4 lbs of any cut beef roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry the roast. Trim any access fat. Set on top of the foil. Season all over with all of the spices.
- Add the chilis over the top of the beef and fold the foil tightly around the roast or brisket.
- Place in the crock pot and cook on a low temperature for 8-10 hours. Do not add any liquid to the crock pot!
- Pull, chop, shred for your favorite dish or just eat it sliced!