Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a variation of Kelly's Crock Pot "smoked" Beef Roast or Brisket that I posted under KellyinNC (I can't access my old account!!). My family enjoys Western style Mexican dishes and I use this for tacos, enchiladas, stuff Anaheim peppers, tostados, the list goes on. You can make it as spicy as you like. Season heavily because the spices "steam away".
- 2 -4 lbs of any cut beef roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Wash and pat dry the roast. Trim any access fat. Set on top of the foil. Season all over with all of the spices.
- Add the chilis over the top of the beef and fold the foil tightly around the roast or brisket.
- Place in the crock pot and cook on a low temperature for 8-10 hours. Do not add any liquid to the crock pot!
- Pull, chop, shred for your favorite dish or just eat it sliced!
Wow! What a great way to make a roast! Super easy...no...BRAINLESS easy (which is what I need in my fast paced life!). Super flavorful and super moist! I used a jar of roasted red peppers instead of chilies and no cayenne...as I wouldn't have gotten my kids to eat it. A keeper for sure! Thank you for sharing! LA :-)