Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is awesome! If you love brisket or beef cooked in the smoker and just don't have time to, or maybe the weather won't permit- you have to try this. I have used EVERY cut of beef roast or brisket, it always comes out great! Enjoy!
- 907.18-1814.36 g beef roast or 907.18-1814.36 g beef brisket
- 29.58 ml liquid smoke
- 29.58 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml kosher salt
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- Trim beef of any large extra fat. A little is good for flavor.
- Place the roast in the middle of a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Rub beef all over with all of the spices.
- Sprinkle liquid smoke over beef and rap tightly in foil. Make sure it's completely wrapped.
- DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID TO THE CROCKPOT!
- Place in crock pot and cook on low setting for 8-10 hrs (10 for a larger cut of beef).
- Unwrap beef and serve with the "smoker" juices in the crock pot or with your favorite barbecue sauce.
KEEPER! While I didn't have any liquid smoke so I used worchestershire in place. Prepped according to directions, tightly foiled and left in fridge overnight. Placed in crock pot in AM, no liquid and WOW....what a wonderful brisket we came home to! The flavor was superb, brisket was tender, juicy and fell apart. Thanks Kelly!!
5 stars for a great technique. I believe I made this once before but didn't get to reviewing. This time I substituted the salt and pepper for 2 Tbs of montreal steak seasoning. I only used 1 Tbs of liquid smoke. I'm not sure how I feel about the liquid smoke. I remember 2 Tbs being overwhelming but 1 wasn't quite enough... on the other hand it gave it a "beef jerky" flavor and I don't know if I really like that. From now on I may just consider this a roast beef recipe and do away with the smoke altogether.
While this did make a very cheap cut of beef come out extremely moist and tender, my family found the amount of liquid smoke to be overwhelming and leave too much of a chemical taste. I will definitely use this method for making pot roast again, but will use much, much less liquid smoke.