Recipe by HokiesMom
From Quick Cooking 2003 - created by Kelly Sellers. These muffins freeze very well. Making a double batch works extremely well too.
Top Review by gail.lalumiere
Good. I used only 2 eggs and added a scoop of sour cream. I also used part whole wheat flour, and subbed sugar for the honey. Next time I would add more than 2 tsp cinnamon.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, pudding mix, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, honey and vanilla - then add to dry ingredients.
- Whisk for 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 2/3rds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.