Recipe by KJK #5
My basic chili recipe. A favorite for football games. Cook time does not include simmer time.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped (use more or less for desired heat)
- 1 (14 ounce) canzesty chili style canned tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) canplain tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (or more for desired consistency)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in a heavy bottomed stock pot until no longer pink. Drain.
- Return meat to pot with onion, green and jalapeno peppers and garlic. Sweat until onions are translucent.
- Add black beans,all 3 kinds of tomato and beer (I pour the beer into the tomato cans to get any "leftovers"). Add seasonings, stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (or longer if you like).
- I serve mine over elbow noodles with cheese and sour cream.