KJK #5's Note:
My basic chili recipe. A favorite for football games. Cook time does not include simmer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped (use more or less for desired heat)
- 1 (14 ounce) can zesty chili style canned tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can plain tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (or more for desired consistency)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 1Brown meat in a heavy bottomed stock pot until no longer pink. Drain.
- 2Return meat to pot with onion, green and jalapeno peppers and garlic. Sweat until onions are translucent.
- 3Add black beans,all 3 kinds of tomato and beer (I pour the beer into the tomato cans to get any "leftovers"). Add seasonings, stir.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (or longer if you like).
- 5I serve mine over elbow noodles with cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Chili
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.4
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 766.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 35.2 g