Recipe by taylortwo
Another recipe from my friend Kelly. This is relatively simple to make. Even though it has a lot of ingredients, it tastes like you are a chef. It is important to use unsalted broth. I made the mistake of using regular salted broth the first time I made this and it was way too salty (and I like salty foods).
Top Review by Bergy
Easy, tasty recipe. The breasts I used were quite thick so I found it needed 15 minutes to finish. I covered the skillet and turned heat to low. The sauce and chicken are a lovely golden color and the finished chicken is moist. Nice blend of flavors Nothing overpowers but they compliment one another. This is a lovely addition to my chicken recipes thanks taylortwo
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button and shiitake)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half of oil in a medium skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil and add mushrooms and shallot.
- Sauté, stirring frequently, until all liquid is evaporated and shallot mixture is golden brown.
- Deglaze with the marsala.
- Be careful.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and the flour; add to skillet.
- Stir constantly, bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add reserved chicken to mixture in skillet; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream, vinegar, mustard and black pepper.