1/1 Photo of Kelly's Chicken Marsala
Another recipe from my friend Kelly. This is relatively simple to make. Even though it has a lot of ingredients, it tastes like you are a chef. It is important to use unsalted broth. I made the mistake of using regular salted broth the first time I made this and it was way too salty (and I like salty foods).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button and shiitake)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat half of oil in a medium skillet.
- 2Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- 3Remove chicken and reserve.
- 4In the same skillet, heat remaining oil and add mushrooms and shallot.
- 5Sauté, stirring frequently, until all liquid is evaporated and shallot mixture is golden brown.
- 6Deglaze with the marsala.
- 7Be careful.
- 8In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and the flour; add to skillet.
- 9Stir constantly, bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 10Add reserved chicken to mixture in skillet; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream, vinegar, mustard and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 34.2 g