1/1 Photo of Kelly's Chicken Marsala
Another recipe from my friend Kelly. This is relatively simple to make. Even though it has a lot of ingredients, it tastes like you are a chef. It is important to use unsalted broth. I made the mistake of using regular salted broth the first time I made this and it was way too salty (and I like salty foods).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button and shiitake)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat half of oil in a medium skillet.
- 2Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- 3Remove chicken and reserve.
- 4In the same skillet, heat remaining oil and add mushrooms and shallot.
- 5Sauté, stirring frequently, until all liquid is evaporated and shallot mixture is golden brown.
- 6Deglaze with the marsala.
- 7Be careful.
- 8In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and the flour; add to skillet.
- 9Stir constantly, bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 10Add reserved chicken to mixture in skillet; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream, vinegar, mustard and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 34.2 g