I LOVED this dished that a local Mexican restaurant called the "Hacienda" used to serve, until they changed chefs, and it was AWFUL! So, I went home and came up with my own, (better!), version! At least in MHO!! It's like a Mexican-Style Fettucini Alfredo. REALLY good!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in large bite-sized pieces or strips
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges and separated
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml oil
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder
- 453.59 g jar5 brothers alfredo sauce (or Ragu)
- 1.23 ml cumin, start with 1/4 then add more to your taste
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml shredded sargento four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 425.24 g can black olives, halved lengthwise
- 118.29 ml canned jalapeno slices, rings the jarred kind (*as many or few as you'd like)
- 226.79 g cartonfresh sliced mushrooms
- fresh cooked fettuccine pasta (4 servings)
- Lightly season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. And very lightly with cumin.
- Then very lightly brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides, reduce heat, add onion, green pepper, and ¼ cup water.
- Cover and simmer til chicken and vegetables are done, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes.
- Drain, then add rest of ingredients, (except fettuccini), adding just 1 cup of the cheese.
- Simmer this on LOW just til heated through, *do not boil or it might separate.
- Serve over, (*or mix in), fresh (cooked) fettucini noodles. Top/garnish with last of cheese, and chopped parsley if desired.
- Cover and let set 5 minutes til cheese has melted, or pop into the oven for a few minutes.
- Serves 4-6.