1/3 Photos of Kelly's Chicken Fettuccini Fernando
I LOVED this dished that a local Mexican restaurant called the "Hacienda" used to serve, until they changed chefs, and it was AWFUL! So, I went home and came up with my own, (better!), version! At least in MHO!! It's like a Mexican-Style Fettucini Alfredo. REALLY good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in large bite-sized pieces or strips
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges and separated
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder
- 1 (1 lb) jar 5 brothers alfredo sauce (or Ragu)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, start with 1/4 then add more to your taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sargento four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup canned jalapeno slices, rings the jarred kind (*as many or few as you'd like)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fresh sliced mushrooms
- fresh cooked fettuccine pasta (4 servings)
- 1Lightly season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. And very lightly with cumin.
- 2Then very lightly brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides, reduce heat, add onion, green pepper, and ¼ cup water.
- 3Cover and simmer til chicken and vegetables are done, about 12-15 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes.
- 5Drain, then add rest of ingredients, (except fettuccini), adding just 1 cup of the cheese.
- 6Simmer this on LOW just til heated through, *do not boil or it might separate.
- 7Serve over, (*or mix in), fresh (cooked) fettucini noodles. Top/garnish with last of cheese, and chopped parsley if desired.
- 8Cover and let set 5 minutes til cheese has melted, or pop into the oven for a few minutes.
- 9Serves 4-6.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Chicken Fettuccini Fernando
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.1
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.5 mg
- Sodium 1948.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: