Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I LOVED this dished that a local Mexican restaurant called the "Hacienda" used to serve, until they changed chefs, and it was AWFUL! So, I went home and came up with my own, (better!), version! At least in MHO!! It's like a Mexican-Style Fettucini Alfredo. REALLY good!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in large bite-sized pieces or strips
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges and separated
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder
- 1 (1 lb) jar5 brothers alfredo sauce (or Ragu)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, start with 1/4 then add more to your taste
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sargento four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices, rings the jarred kind (*as many or few as you'd like)
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfresh sliced mushrooms
- fresh cooked fettuccine pasta (4 servings)
- Lightly season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. And very lightly with cumin.
- Then very lightly brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides, reduce heat, add onion, green pepper, and ¼ cup water.
- Cover and simmer til chicken and vegetables are done, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes.
- Drain, then add rest of ingredients, (except fettuccini), adding just 1 cup of the cheese.
- Simmer this on LOW just til heated through, *do not boil or it might separate.
- Serve over, (*or mix in), fresh (cooked) fettucini noodles. Top/garnish with last of cheese, and chopped parsley if desired.
- Cover and let set 5 minutes til cheese has melted, or pop into the oven for a few minutes.
- Serves 4-6.
Delicious! Would definitely make again in a heartbeat!
Husband went for thirds! I LOVED IT! I followed the recipe exactly except for a little cayenne. Thanks for posting!
Made this for dinner tonight and it was very tastey. I only used 2 chicken breast and it was plenty. There is definately 2 meals there for the 4 of us. It took a while to heat all the after the adding the pasta so next time i might make ahead and heat in the oven. Other then that great recipe. Thanks for the post.