1/5 Photos of Kelly's Chicken Fajitas
I LOVE fajitas, but restaurants seem to , well, kinda rip you off on the meat part! LOL! Seems there are an AWFUL lot of peppers and onion...PLUS, gosh, why is everything SO expensive? So much better to make them yourself! This is my "concoction", I love them with Spanish Rice (Zatarain's), and any kind of dip/salsa and chips! Make them at home and your house will smell so good the neighbors will be knocking at your door! *You can easily make a half a batch, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into good-sized strips
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice, fresh or concentrate
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1Put cut up chicken, peppers and onion in large bowl or ziploc baggie.
- 2Mix up marinade in medium bowl, and pour over chicken mixture, tossing/mixing to coat all thoroughly.
- 3Marinate in fridge for 4-6 hours.
- 4Drain off excess marinade.
- 5In one (or more) medium-hot frying pans, add a little olive oil, then add chicken mixture.
- 6Stir-fry til chicken is done.
- 7Should take only about 8-12 minutes depending on how big you cut your chicken strips.
- 8Warm flour tortillas in microwave (about 30 seconds on high, 3-4 at a time) or in oven wrapped in foil.
- 9**Serve with sour cream, guacamole, picante sauce, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and shredded cheese.
- 10***Tossed salad, spicy cornbread, spanish or mexican rice, refried beans/dip, chips, etc., are nice accompaniments.
- 11****This recipe can easily be halved.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.9
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 753.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 53.8 g