1/6 Photos of Kelly's Chicken Cordon Bleu
1 hr 14 mins
Posting this by request! "Winged" this the other night, and boy was it good! I served it with a creamy, rich mushroom gravy (cheated), mashed potatoes and green beans. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 6 slices cooked Canadian bacon (thin slices)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 6 toothpicks
- olive oil
- 1Pound chicken breasts thin between waxed paper or plastic wrap. (*If one end is really thin, you'll want to roll up starting from that end.)But you want them about 3/8" thick.
- 2Top each breast with 2 slices canadian bacon, don't let it overhand chicken, cut in half and overlap if necessary.
- 3Top each with 2 slices of swiss cheese cut in half. *Same instructions as for canadian bacon.
- 4At thinnest end, roll up tightly, tucking in any meat or cheese. *Fold sides in first if you can, I couldn't with mine and they came out just fine. Secure with toothpicks.
- 5In pie dish combine flour and half each of the seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 6In another pie dish or small bowl, beat eggs.
- 7In third pie dish combine bread crumbs, second half of each of the seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder and all of the parmesan cheese.
- 8Coat each lightly in flour mixture, then beaten egg, then bread crumb mixture. Pat on bread crumbs.
- 9Set on plate for about 10 minutes to dry a little.
- 10Meanwhile, heat oil over medium to medium-low heat.
- 11Brown "good side" first in hot oil for 2 minutes. Turn over carefully with a spatula and tongs if needed.
- 12Brown other side (toothpicked side)2 minutes.
- 13Place on greased rack. Place rack on cookie sheet.
- 14Bake in 350º oven for 40 minutes.
- 15Let rest.
- 16While resting heat gravy over low heat til warmed.
- 17Serve with gravy if desired.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.1
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 308.0 mg
- Sodium 2035.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 70.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: