Posting this by request! "Winged" this the other night, and boy was it good! I served it with a creamy, rich mushroom gravy (cheated), mashed potatoes and green beans. Enjoy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 6 slices cooked Canadian bacon (thin slices)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 6 toothpicks
- olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Pound chicken breasts thin between waxed paper or plastic wrap. (*If one end is really thin, you'll want to roll up starting from that end.)But you want them about 3/8" thick.
- Top each breast with 2 slices canadian bacon, don't let it overhand chicken, cut in half and overlap if necessary.
- Top each with 2 slices of swiss cheese cut in half. *Same instructions as for canadian bacon.
- At thinnest end, roll up tightly, tucking in any meat or cheese. *Fold sides in first if you can, I couldn't with mine and they came out just fine. Secure with toothpicks.
- In pie dish combine flour and half each of the seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In another pie dish or small bowl, beat eggs.
- In third pie dish combine bread crumbs, second half of each of the seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder and all of the parmesan cheese.
- Coat each lightly in flour mixture, then beaten egg, then bread crumb mixture. Pat on bread crumbs.
- Set on plate for about 10 minutes to dry a little.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium to medium-low heat.
- Brown "good side" first in hot oil for 2 minutes. Turn over carefully with a spatula and tongs if needed.
- Brown other side (toothpicked side)2 minutes.
- Place on greased rack. Place rack on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350º oven for 40 minutes.
- Let rest.
- While resting heat gravy over low heat til warmed.
- Serve with gravy if desired.