1/3 Photos of Kelly's Amazing Andes Mint Thumbprint Cookies
This was a cookie recently shared at my friend Donna's annual cookie exchange. Kelly is our friend who brought the cookie that had everyone asking "Who made this?" "Can I have the recipe?" "Are there anymore???". I looked on the Zaar and didn't see any quite like this one. Hope you enjoy this delight. I would caution that you keep these separate from your other cookies otherwise everything will taste minty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and powdered sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract, egg yolks and food coloring until blended. On low speed beat in flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Using end of handle of wooden spoon, press a deep well into center of each cookie.
- 4Bake 10-12 minutes until set. Reshape wells with end of wooden spoon.
- 5Cool completely—15 minutes.
- 6In medium microwavable bowl, place chocolate chips, cream and butter on high 1 minute or until mixture looks melted but not too hot.
- 7Fill each well with about 1 teaspoon mixture—wait about 10 minutes until chocolate mixture is slightly cooled down then garnish w/candy piece—you may need to test candy before inserting all of them.
- 8Let stand 1 hour until chocolate is set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Amazing Andes Mint Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1023 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g