Recipe by Wildflour
Roast beef, turkey, hard salami, co-jack and swiss on soft hoagie rolls topped with all the extras! I LOVE making subs at home! And WAY less expensive than carry-out!!!
Top Review by Ma Field
We had several sandwiches to try over the weekend and this one was my favorite sub hands-down. Lots of good flavors here! I used fresh-picked lettuce form the garden and pepperoni instead of salami 'cause that's what I had. made for ZWT4 for Daffy Daffodils.
- 1 hoagie roll, halved lengthwise
- 3 slices hard salami, can sub capicola (thin slices) or 3 slices pepperoni, if desired
- 3 slices deli roast beef (thin slices)
- 3 slices deli turkey (thin slices)
- 1 slice deli colby-monterey jack cheese, halved (round slice)
- 1 -2 slice swiss cheese, halved corner to corner, can sub mozzarella or 1 -2 slice provolone cheese, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup packed shredded lettuce
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing
- 3 -4 slices tomatoes (very thin slices)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 slice onion, very thin slice, rings separated (optional)
- pepperoncini pepper, sliced as many as you like
- Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Split open hoagie roll, separate top and bottom if desired.
- Spread insides of top and bottom of roll with mayo.
- Top bottom roll with rest of ingredients layering in order.
- Place on top roll.
- Cut in half if prefered.
- Great cold, warmed or panini-style! Enjoy!
- Makes enough for 2 people.