Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious salad that is great in the fall or winter. I serve with a balsamic vinagrette dressing. I particularly like Kittencal's Balsamic Vinaigrette . This is very easy to make but guests are usually impressed because it is a little more exciting than your standard garden salad.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head endive
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges (optional) or 1 orange, sliced and peeled (optional)
- Chop or tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Cut onion into half circle pieces.
- Add cranberries and walnuts and oranges if using.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Plate and sprinkle with bleu cheese.
- Garnish with any remaining nuts, berries, or an orange slice.
Yum! I used some glazed walnuts, endive from my garden, and just really enjoyed the whole salad! I chose not to use the oranges. Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
EXCELLENT SALAD!! This salad is similar to the one I love and eat all the time. All of the ingredients in Kellymac's salad go very well together and are some of my favorite items to include in a salad. I used a seven seas dressing of a wine vinaigrette by Kraft which gives a sweet/sour taste. Mixed greens are always my favorite in a salad. Thanks for sharing this one Kelly!! Prepared as a participant in the Sept 2009 Potluck Party Tag Game Event.
A great all around salad with the perfect combination of flavors. I used for a dressing one of Andi's = Auntie Ann's Lip Smackin' Homemade French Dressing - Longmeadow. I also opted out of the mandarine oranges and used feta cheese in replacement of the bluecheese. Personal preference. Also, used a few slices of a sweet white onion. Loved it!! Made for HolidayTag.