Recipe by KellyMac6
This is a delicious salad that is great in the fall or winter. I serve with a balsamic vinagrette dressing. I particularly like Kittencal's Balsamic Vinaigrette . This is very easy to make but guests are usually impressed because it is a little more exciting than your standard garden salad.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head endive
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges (optional) or 1 orange, sliced and peeled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop or tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Cut onion into half circle pieces.
- Add cranberries and walnuts and oranges if using.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Plate and sprinkle with bleu cheese.
- Garnish with any remaining nuts, berries, or an orange slice.