Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had some leftover lump crab and this is what I came up with. It is easier and just as tasty as shelling fresh crab. My boyfriend likes it with more pepper and more hot sauce so add more if you like spice. I hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 24 ounces lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until clear and soft, about 12 minutes.
- Add in seafood stock, white wine, and cooking sherry. Lower heat to medium.
- Bring to a boil and add flour, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, paprika, thyme, and hot sauce. Stir well.
- Add in crab meat, cover and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves then blend soup in blender or with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer back to pot (if using a normal blender) and add in frozen corn.
- Lower heat to medium-low, add in heavy cream and allow to heat through, stirring constantly. Approximately 10 minutes.
Couldn't wait to plug this recipe into my kitchen schedule so made it up right away, & I must say that this makes for a wonderfully satisfying meal, along, of course, with a nice salad & some crusty whole-grain bread! Definitely on my keeper list of recipes to make & enjoy again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]