Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've been making this easy dessert for more than 20 years. I love it just as much now, as the first time I made it! You can make it with lemon or orange jello, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- green food coloring
- maraschino cherry
- more Cool Whip
- Mix crust ingredients, save aside 2 tablespoons.
- Press rest on bottom of 13x9 greased glass dish or pan.
- Dissolve jell-o in boiling water, cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla,.
- Slowly beat in jell-o.
- Beat/fold in Cool Whip.
- Beat in 3-4 drops green food coloring.
- Spoon over crust, smooth top.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Chill til set, 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with more Cool Whip and a maraschino cherry.
Delicious recipe. Easy to make. Calls for items I would normally have on hand. Everyone raved about it. Nice and light -- even after a big meal. (Made it for a St. Patrick's Day dessert! Perfect!)
SO good, I could eat the whole pan! I cant wait to try different flavored jello as well!
Absolutely delicious! I'm going to try it with other flavored jellos too!