Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are a lot of these recipes out there, but this is how I make it. Rich and cheesy! :)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw Minute Rice
- 6 -8 tablespoons melted butter
- 0.5 (12 ounce) box Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- In large bowl, combine soups and Velveeta. Microwave til melted and creamy. About 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli and rice.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan or glass baking dish.
- Stir cracker crumbs into melted butter and sprinkle evenly over top.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer. Or til casserole is bubbly and crumbs are golden.
Very good recipe - tasty and easy since you just throw it all together. I left off the crackers and butter (though I'm sure that makes it even better).
I made this for Christmas Eve dinner and everyone raved about it. I subbed shredded cheddar for the Velveeta, and used two cans of cream of mushroom soup, as that's what I had on hand. This one is a keeper!
This was good and very easy to put together. I made a mistake however, and didn't realize it said 1/2 of a 12 ounce box of crackers and did 12 ounces and it was way to thick - but then again that's my fault. Thanks for an easy kid-friendly side dish.