Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe shared by Kelly Ripa on her show a few years ago. Servings are a guess since none where given. Sounds like it might be a fun one to do with the little ones.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages marshmallows
- food coloring (optional)
- 15 cups popcorn
- pretzel stick
- red cinnamon candies
- fruit leather
- candy corn
- m&ms plain chocolate candy
- Melt butter or margarine in saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the marshmallows, stirring with a wooden spoon until melted.
- You can add food coloring if you want to make color popcorn snowmen.
- Pour mixture over 15 cups of popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- When the mixture is cool enough to touch, rub a little margarine on your hands (or dishwasher gloves) and start making balls.
- For each snowman, stack 3 popcorn balls on top of each other on a sheet of wax paper.
- Push pretzel sticks in the middle for arms.
- Use the rest of the candy (mini jawbreakers, gumdrops, red hots, raisins, fruit leather, candy corn, M&M's, etc) to decorate the eyes, nose, mouth and buttons.