Recipe by Riverlivin'
Given to me by a co-worker, this salsa is just a bit different than any other I've ever tried. When you taste it, it has a bit of sweetness at the beginning and than packs a punch of heat at the end. This recipe makes a small batch (not sure of the servings--sorry!) WARNING: IT'S ADDICTIVE!
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, quartered
- 1⁄3 bunch cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno (medium or larger for more heat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 lime, juice of (juice only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a blender/food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until the consistancy you like.
- If you prefer chunky salsa, chop everything up and mix with a spoon.
- Taste. If the salsa is too hot, add a little more sugar to bring the heat down.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.