Recipe by Sweet PQ?
I made these "healthier" cookies a lot when my kids were small. I am so glad I found it again in my recipe collection. It makes 16 LARGE cookies. This is an "original" Kellogg's recipe. I hope you enjoy it!.
Top Review by jumbiegirl
Was looking for a way to use up raisin bran. I always follow a new recipe ver batim initially and make changes, if needed, in the future. In this case I'll decrease the whole wheat flour by half and increase the white by same amt. I'll also add vanilla to butter/sugar whip, and apple pie spice and salt to the flours. Bottom line, recipe makes heavy, dense tasteless cookies. They need more raisins too. Imho :-) will make again with said tweaks!
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal (crushed to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed firm
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*. Stir cereal, flours and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients (cereal-flour mixture), mixing thoroughly.
- Drop by level 1/4 cup measure onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325* for 12-14 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Cool and wrap individaully (for on-the-go eating!).