Prep 0 mins
Cook 42 mins
I got this off the Frosted Flakes box some years ago and all I can say is they're grrreat!
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups kellogg's frosted flakes
- 1⁄2 cup blanched salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In large microwaveable bowl, mix syrup, peanut butter and sugar. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring halfway through. Add 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and stir until melted and thoroughly blended.
- Stir in cereal and peanuts, mixing well. Press firmly and evenly into 8" square pan.
- In small microwaveable measure, microwave remaining chocolate chips at MEDIUM about 2 minutes or until partially melted; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Chill until set, 30-40 minutes. Cut into bars.
- Variation: Tiger-Striped Bars--Melt 1/4 cup butterscotch chips with 1 tsp vegetable oil and drizzle in stripes over chocolate before chilling bars.
Yummy, addicting and a big hit at my office!
I wish i could give this more than 5 stars-my husband LOVES THIS RECIPE !! he says it's like a crunchy reeces ,butterfinger and fudge all wrapped up together-made it for him for valentines and im sure i'll have to make more before this Sunday.Thank you for sharing this recipe.!A real keeper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!