Prep 35 mins
Cook 13 mins
Layer savory and sweet fillings into mini muffins made with Kellogg's Corn Flake Cereal. Box of Kellogg's.
- 2 cups kellogg's corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely snipped pitted medjool dates or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup kellogg's corn flakes cereal
- In a medium bowl combine 2 cups KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, milk, and dates or raisins; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla to cereal mixture;.beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into forty 1 3/4-inch muffin cups greased or coated with cooking spray, filling each 3/4 full; sprinkle tops with finely crushed cereal.
- Bake at 400F 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tops spring back when touched.
- Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool.
- Cut muffins in half; fill with assorted fillings (if desired).
- Assorted Fillings:.
- • Turkey-Apple: Apple butter, thinly sliced honey-roasted turkey, and thinly sliced apple.
- • Choco-Berry: Chocolate hazelnut spread, banana slices, and strawberry slices.
- • Curried Chicken: Chicken salad flavored with curry powder, mango chutney, and grapes.