Layer savory and sweet fillings into mini muffins made with Kellogg's Corn Flake Cereal. Box of Kellogg's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups kellogg's corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely snipped pitted medjool dates or 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup kellogg's corn flakes cereal
- 1In a medium bowl combine 2 cups KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, milk, and dates or raisins; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in another medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3Add eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla to cereal mixture;.beat well.
- 4Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- 5Spoon batter into forty 1 3/4-inch muffin cups greased or coated with cooking spray, filling each 3/4 full; sprinkle tops with finely crushed cereal.
- 6Bake at 400F 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tops spring back when touched.
- 7Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from pans; cool.
- 9Cut muffins in half; fill with assorted fillings (if desired).
- 10Assorted Fillings:.
- 11• Turkey-Apple: Apple butter, thinly sliced honey-roasted turkey, and thinly sliced apple.
- 12• Choco-Berry: Chocolate hazelnut spread, banana slices, and strawberry slices.
- 13• Curried Chicken: Chicken salad flavored with curry powder, mango chutney, and grapes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kellogg's Corn Flakes Mini Muffin Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g