Recipe by Luv4food
Haven't seen this version posted. I got it off the Corn Pops cereal box. The combination of cereals makes an interesting cookie. My family enjoys these.
Top Review by Acerast
We loved these!!! The kids really enjoyed these and they traveled well in their lunch boxes. We'll be making these again and will use up any odds-n-ends of cereal. Great recipe Luv4food :)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Corn Pops cereal
- 3⁄4 cup blanched peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar and corn syrup.
- Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add cereals and peanuts, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Press firmly and evenly into buttered 9" square pan.
- Chill until set (about 45 min.).
- Cut into squares.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- Microwave directions: In large microwaveable bowl, microwave butter at high 30-60 seconds to melt. Mix in sugar and syrup. Microwave at high 2 1/2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly, stirring 3 times. Follow steps 2 & 3.