Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't seen this version posted. I got it off the Corn Pops cereal box. The combination of cereals makes an interesting cookie. My family enjoys these.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Corn Pops cereal
- 3⁄4 cup blanched peanuts
- In large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar and corn syrup.
- Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add cereals and peanuts, stirring until thoroughly coated.
- Press firmly and evenly into buttered 9" square pan.
- Chill until set (about 45 min.).
- Cut into squares.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- Microwave directions: In large microwaveable bowl, microwave butter at high 30-60 seconds to melt. Mix in sugar and syrup. Microwave at high 2 1/2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly, stirring 3 times. Follow steps 2 & 3.
We loved these!!! The kids really enjoyed these and they traveled well in their lunch boxes. We'll be making these again and will use up any odds-n-ends of cereal. Great recipe Luv4food :)