Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really great muffins!
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran buds (Kellogg's all-bran cereal preferred)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In electric blender or food processor, crush KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal to fine crumbs.
- In mixing bowl, stir together crushed cereal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine milk, egg whites and oil; mix well.
- Add cereal mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
I have been trying different recipes for bran buds and this is the best! Of course you can add stuff ( 1 t cinnamon, and 1 c raisins for me ) but the method is the best. Thank you!