Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These have optional bananas. I’ve used Post Raisin Bran also.
Make and share this Kellogg's All-Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 -2 ripe banana, mashed (optional)
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine All-Bran cereal and milk. Let stand 5 minute or until cereal softens.
- Add egg, applesauce, and banana (if using). Beat well.
- Add flour mix, stirring only until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° about 20 min or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Apparently I just shouldn't bake in the morning. Not only did I get the All Bran "Buds" instead of the regular cereal (they don't get mushy no matter HOW long you soak them in the milk), I also neglected to use baking powder. So I have 14 hockey pucks that smell terrific. I'll try this again sometime soon. lol
I made this into a loaf so increased the cooking time a little. I added the banana but couldn't really taste it in the final product. I made this for playgroup morning tea, spread with butter & it was enjoyed by both mum's & kids. Best eaten on the day of baking. A great way to use up some stale cereal & quite healthy too, thanks for posting!
These are SO good. The simple addition of bananas and applesauce really helped the texture and flavor of that basic All-Bran recipe. I have used Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour in place of the all-purpose flour with great results. Next time, I might cut out some of the sugar too--I think the fruit puree added a lot of sweetness. BTW, I don't think your recipe said where to add the oat bran but I just added it to the flour mixture. I was able to make a dozen regular muffins and 24 mini muffins from one recipe of batter.