Recipe by Overton Fam
My sister gave me the recipe to this cake and it is TO DIE FOR! This is the cake that my family always requests for birthdays. It's so easy to make, looks beautiful and no frosting is needed - it's already rich enough! It's best if you DON'T use a "Pudding in the Mix" cake as you are adding the pudding seperately. I use Duncan Hines brand cake mix - it works great with this recipe.
Top Review by Beansy
A great very chocolatey cake. Made for my DH's birthday and the whole family loved it. Easy to put together and turned out so well. Will definitely be made many more times. Thank You.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, Duncan Hines
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 345 degrees. Grease a bundt pan.
- Mix together: oil, water, eggs and sour cream. Beat until well mixed.
- Add: cake mix and small box of pudding. Beat until smooth. Batter will be very thick.
- Fold in 2 cups of mini chocolate chips (you can also use regular chocolate chips).
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. I usually lay a piece of foil over the top after about 40 minutes to keep the top from overbaking. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake over onto a plate removing it from the bundt pan. (Do not leave it in the bundt pan longer than an hour or it can break apart when you try to remove it from the pan.).
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!