Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very tasty recipe for those who love scallops but must prepare them in a low-fat manner. This recipe has a total of 2 tablespoons fat spread over 6 servings.
- 1 lb bay scallops (if using large sea scallops, quarter them prior to cooking) or 1 lb sea scallops (if using large sea scallops, quarter them prior to cooking)
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use Smart Balance Buttery Spread, which is excellent for cooking when watching cholesterol)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (may substitute with any other quality olive oil)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth (or bullion prepared in 2 cups water)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, snipped. (1/4 cup dried parsley works well when fresh is not on hand)
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dried dill (optional)
- 12 ounces linguine
- Prepare linguine according to package directions.
- In sautée pan or large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, stirring.
- Immediately go to next step.
- Add scallops, stirring constantly.
- Cook until opaque (approx 2 minutes).
- Remove scallops while retaining juices in skillet.
- Add lemon juice and stock to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook, reducing liquid to
- 5 cups (approx 8-10 minutes).
- Once liquid is reduced, add onions, parsley and dill, reducing heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for approx 1 minute.
- Add scallops back to the skillet and heat through.
- Pour scallops and all liquid over linguine and serve.
- Pepper to taste (optional).
- Garnish with fresh grated romano cheese (optional, as this will add more fat).
I had beautiful diver scallops and wanted to try something other than just searing them. I'm glad I chose this recipe. You can't even tell they were low fat, plus I used whole wheat pasta. It was as good if not better than at a fancy seafood restaurant. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with us.
Tasty and deliciouso! W are trying real hard to incorporate lower fat products into our main meals.I just purchased some scallops at the fish market and this is the perfect recipe for them. I make a very similar recipe but with additional fat so needed smething similar yet better for us. Very nice! We did not miss the fat too much LOL. QAlthough the richness is not there the taste is great and it is better for you. Served over bow tie noodle (had on hand) with grated parm cheese over chop (made with skim milk)