Kelley Bee's Note:
This is a very tasty recipe for those who love scallops but must prepare them in a low-fat manner. This recipe has a total of 2 tablespoons fat spread over 6 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bay scallops (if using large sea scallops, quarter them prior to cooking) or 1 lb sea scallops (if using large sea scallops, quarter them prior to cooking)
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use Smart Balance Buttery Spread, which is excellent for cooking when watching cholesterol)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (may substitute with any other quality olive oil)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth (or bullion prepared in 2 cups water)
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped. (1/4 cup dried parsley works well when fresh is not on hand)
- 2/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dried dill (optional)
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1Prepare linguine according to package directions.
- 2In sautée pan or large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Add minced garlic, stirring.
- 4Immediately go to next step.
- 5Add scallops, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook until opaque (approx 2 minutes).
- 7Remove scallops while retaining juices in skillet.
- 8Add lemon juice and stock to skillet.
- 9Bring to a boil and cook, reducing liquid to
- 105 cups (approx 8-10 minutes).
- 11Once liquid is reduced, add onions, parsley and dill, reducing heat.
- 12Simmer, uncovered, for approx 1 minute.
- 13Add scallops back to the skillet and heat through.
- 14Pour scallops and all liquid over linguine and serve.
- 15Pepper to taste (optional).
- 16Garnish with fresh grated romano cheese (optional, as this will add more fat).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelleybee's Low-Fat Scallops over Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 463.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 31.5 g