Kelleigh a recent graduate of culinary school is now able to whip up tasty recipes at a moments notice. Enjoy!
- Slice red onion.
- Remove stems from shiitakes and clean.
- Combine oils, vinegar, garlic, scallion, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Add sliced onions and shiitakes into marinade and mix.
- Allow to sit out at room temperature for at least 1/2 an hour.
- Allow grill to heat to medium-high heat.
- Grill mushrooms until there are grill marks and they are soft.
- Grill the onions until tender and starting to caramelize.
- Place back in bowl with marinade and toss.
- Serve warm.
Tell Kelleigh this is wonderful! I had it as my main dish last night; only changes were olive oil instead of peanut oil, and just a dash of salt. Brings out that great shitake flavor, and was just right!
Made for the vegetarian/vegan swap of November 2010.
Yummy! Nice side dish for my steaks! My DH just loved it. Thansk, Acadia! Made for potluck tag.
This is really a tasty side dish, and easy to make. Flavors in the marinade are subtle, letting the mushroom flavor shine. The only thing I would do differently, is to make a second batch of the marinade/dressing, since my mushrooms soaked the amount written all up and I had nothing to toss them with after grilling.