Recipe by AcadiaTwo
Kelleigh a recent graduate of culinary school is now able to whip up tasty recipes at a moments notice. Enjoy!
Top Review by Diann is Cooking
Tell Kelleigh this is wonderful! I had it as my main dish last night; only changes were olive oil instead of peanut oil, and just a dash of salt. Brings out that great shitake flavor, and was just right!
Made for the vegetarian/vegan swap of November 2010.
- 1 red onion (1/4 inch slices)
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom (de-stemmed)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 scallion (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice red onion.
- Remove stems from shiitakes and clean.
- Combine oils, vinegar, garlic, scallion, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Add sliced onions and shiitakes into marinade and mix.
- Allow to sit out at room temperature for at least 1/2 an hour.
- Allow grill to heat to medium-high heat.
- Grill mushrooms until there are grill marks and they are soft.
- Grill the onions until tender and starting to caramelize.
- Place back in bowl with marinade and toss.
- Serve warm.