Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
My DD came up with this recipe on the spur of the moment. The tilapia soaks up the fresh flavors of the soy, ginger, garlic and orange to produce a fantastic marinade to die for. Enjoy!
- 680.38 g tilapia fillets (filets)
- 88.74 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml ginger (fresh & grated)
- 44.37 ml garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 scallions (roughly chopped)
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- Combine all the ingredients except the (3/4 cup orange juice and fish) in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide marinade in half. Reserve half for sauce.
- Place fish in marinade and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Turn grill on high and allow to heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill fish 1-3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fish.
- While the grill is heating combine the reserved marinade for the sauce with the 3/4 cup of orange juice and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and allow sauce to reduce by 2/3.
EXCELLENT!!! Entire family, including non-tilapia fans, loved it. Thank you for sharing!
Delicious flavor on the fish. I subbed red snapper for the tilapia and it worked great. I grilled mine on my stovetop Lodge grill pan and cooking time was right on. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.