Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
My DD makes these fresh delightfully yummy croutons for soups, salads or just for snacks. Add your favorite bread and spices and change it up. Enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice bread into 1/2" cubes.
- In a bowl toss bread cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
- Line a flat pan with parchment paper and place coated cubes in a single layer.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, mix up half way through cooking time.
- Sprinkle fresh chives on croutons and toss.
- Makes about 1 cup's worth.
No chives for me,since they're not available here.Ate them as a snack.I love homemade croutons!
I replaced a small amount of sweet paprika with Spanish smoked paprika. Our garden chives wouldn't stick to the croutons and that was using a generous amount of Krazy Glue. Tasted good in a simple green salad. Thanks for posting!
I found the amount of oil to be excessive for three slices of bread. I cubed almost a whole loaf of an artisan style bread and had enough to coat things. I upped the paprika to one tablespoon and was very generous with the pepper. The chives didn't stick at all, but the croutons were crisp and tasty. Thank you for sharing the recipe!