Recipe by under12parsecs
A South Pacific kelaguin recipe using shrimp instead of chicken. This version can be served with or without the grated coconut. Found on www.chamorro.com
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
How could you not love roasted peppers and shrimp! :) This is the epitome of a lovely Uhang, I followed this exactly, and it was perfect perched upon a tortilla! The grated coconut was so lovely alongside the red pepper, and this made a lovely luncheon dish. One that will be served often! Yum on the roasted peppers too! Made for ZWT7
- 1 sweet green pepper, roasted
- 1 small onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 lemon
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, rinsed and drained (can use frozen or canned)
- 1 medium coconut, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the roasted green pepper and remove seeds. Chop pepper and place in small bowl with onions, and 1 tablespoons of the crushed red peppers. Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add to mixture in bowl. Stir in shrimp and grated coconut.
- Season to taste using salt, and additional lemon juice and crushed peppers. Serve with warm tortillas.