Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the Food Network. There's already a boatload of white chili recipes but this one is my favorite. It's the one to use when you want to make is extra special instead of quick and easy. I wanted to post it for the nutritional analysis, but if anyone out there tries it, that would be even better.
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 8 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 0.333 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs dry white beans, soaked overnight
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Saute onion, celery, and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large stockpot add chicken, water, bay leaf, chiles, oregano, cumin, dry mustard, basil, Old Bay, Cajun seasoning, chipotle, chicken base, and pickled jalapeno and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the drained beans and heavy cream and simmer for 1 hour, or until the beans are tender.
- Garnish soup with grated carrots and sour cream if desired.