Recipe by KEHALI
I prefer very hot salsa but couldn't find a taste I was happy with. I chop all ingredients very very fine because I don't like the real chunky salsa. Add or decrease hot peppers to suit your taste. If you really like it hot, use more Habanero's. (Not for the weak of heart!) You will definitely want a tall glass of ice water when trying this! Just remember to wash hands extremely well or use disposable gloves during preparation and do not touch your eyes! Habanero's are extremely HOT. Enjoy.
- 12 -14 roma tomatoes
- 3 large jalapeno peppers
- 3 -5 habanero peppers
- 3 banana peppers
- 1⁄2 chopped bell pepper
- chopped cilantro
- chopped garlic
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (more if you don't like it too thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- wash tomatoes and place in large container.
- boil hot water and pour over tomatoes to scald skin.
- let tomatoes stand in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- pour off hot water and add ice water to help peel skin off tomatoes and chop to desired consistency.
- chop all peppers and onions.
- in large cooking pot, add onions, peppers and spices, cooking for about 15 min add chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- add sugar to taste.
- cover and slow cook for approximately 2 hours.
- If salsa is too thick, just add addtl tomato sauce/water mix.
- taste to see if more spices are need and add to taste.
- Place in canning jars after cooling.
- Tastes really good when still hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips.