Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these from the Keg restaurant and hope these are a great imitation! Recipe from recipecircus
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (5 ounce) can shrimp
- 1 (5 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 36 fresh mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- Combine all 8 ingredients.
- Mix well until blended and fill mushroom caps. (Piping the caps with a pastry bag is a nice touch.).
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
The reason why people can't get the same taste as the keg is there is a key step missing from the recipe. You need to poach the mushroom caps in white wine prior to stuffing.
This is a great recipe. Thanks!
Pretty close, you do have to quickly poach the caps and make sure to pull all the water out of the crab by pressing in a towel. Having worked for the keg for six years, this is pretty close.
Very good! Very close to the Kegs.
I added a little more sour cream, added about a spoon full of parmesan cheese and left them in the oven 25min. Soooooo good!!