Recipe by Diana Adcock
These are a tasty little snack-I like it spiced up with a hot African Peanut Sauce for dipping.
Top Review by Bergy
Great little meatballs - I used lamb & beef, 4 cloves of garlic and a hot chili sauce for a dip. They really went over well. Thanks Diana - always a pleasure to cook one of your recipes
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 medium onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground lamb (I used pork)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons fresh, minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a medium hot skillet and saute the onion, cumin and season with salt and pepper-I used 1 tsp salt and pepper each.
- Cook for around 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Soak the bread slices in the milk, Drain excess.
- In a large bowl combine the meats and sauteed onion with the garlic, parsley, egg and milk soaked bread.
- Add the dry crumbs a bit at a time.
- Mixture should be moist, not wet.
- Add a bit more dry crumb if needed.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Het remaining oil in skillet and fry the meat balls until done, around 8 minutes.