Recipe by agendawoman
Adapted from a recipe from The Gourmet Cookbook. Original recipe used buttermilk, I have substituted plain kefir and made a couple of other minor changes. The final product is a healthier, lighter, "buttermilk" style dressing.
Top Review by Maven in the Making
Yummy! Nice to have another way to take advantage of this powerfully, healthy food (the kefir) without cooking it. I'll be making this again! It seems like it would be a great baseline from which to experiment with some other flavorings too! Thanks!
- 1 cup kefir
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients, except the olive oil in a blender or food processor. Puree until all ingredients are well incorporated. Drizzle in the olive oil while processing. Continue to blend for another 20 seconds or so.
- Best if refrigerated overnight, as it allows the dressing to thicken slightly, and the flavors to mingle. I have, however, used it right out of the blender and it still tastes great.