1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came to me from my sister Carol Keates. She is the baker of the three daughters in the family and thus the keeper of the yummy recipes! She will get up before going to work and bake goodies to take into her staff....now that's a boss! My mom made these for us growing up and they were always a hit with friends and family. You can use any kid of nuts you like in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 -3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons milk, hot
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1Melt chocolate and margarine over hot water in double boiler. Remove from heat.
- 2Beat together sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- 3Stir in flour, salt and nuts. Do not over mix.
- 4Pour into greased and floured 9” square pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- 6Pour marshmallow over hot brownies. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows just puff, not brown.
- 7Melt margarine and chocolate.
- 8Stir milk and powdered sugar together. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- 9Pour over marshmallows and spread.
- 10Cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Keepsake Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 190.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 52.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g