Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came to me from my sister Carol Keates. She is the baker of the three daughters in the family and thus the keeper of the yummy recipes! She will get up before going to work and bake goodies to take into her staff....now that's a boss! My mom made these for us growing up and they were always a hit with friends and family. You can use any kid of nuts you like in this recipe.
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 -3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons milk, hot
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate and margarine over hot water in double boiler. Remove from heat.
- Beat together sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, salt and nuts. Do not over mix.
- Pour into greased and floured 9” square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- Pour marshmallow over hot brownies. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows just puff, not brown.
- Melt margarine and chocolate.
- Stir milk and powdered sugar together. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour over marshmallows and spread.
- Cool completely before cutting.