Recipe by *Pixie*
This is an extremely easy and tasty chocolate square recipe. The squares are thin and dense and should have a good layer of chocolate icing on top to be at their best. This is a kid friendly recipe, especially if tinned icing is used, the mess in the kitchen can be kept to a minimum.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb crushed graham cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cocoa, walnuts, chocolate chips, and graham crackers.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg until frothy.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the sugar and bring to a boil.
- (I haven't tried this in a microwave, but it would likely work).
- Remove from heat, add the egg and mix well (yes it will look weird).
- Add the graham cracker mixture, and mix well.
- Press firmly into a buttered 8" x 8" pan.
- When cool, frost with a chocolate frosting, either your own recipe or a tinned one, Or if you're brave and don't need to measure, my method of making chocolate icing is to put some (probably two cups) icing sugar in a bowl, add several heaping tablespoons of cocoa, 2 tablespoons of butter and then add just enough milk to make a smooth, creamy texture.
- If it gets too runny add more icing sugar.