Recipe by roja khan
Serve with roti or naan, cucumbers and yogurt, carrots with yogurt or mint with yogurt
Top Review by zainab23
This was really nice, I also used lamb mince. I made a few changes, I added some deep fried potato cut into cubes along with the peas and added some tomato paste. Served it with basmati rice and sprinkled the keema with fresh mint and corriander.
- 3⁄4 cup onion, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (minced)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the onion, ginger, garlic, and oil in the container of a food processor or blender. Blend to a fine puree.
- Spoon and scrape the mixture into a small skillet and cook, stirring often, until mixture almost starts to brown, but do not brown. Add the curry powder, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, and cumin and stir to blend. Add the meat and cook, stirring and chopping down with the side of a heavy metal spoon to break up any lumps.
- When the meat has lost its raw look, add the tomatoes and lime juice .
- Add a generous grinding of pepper and the hot red pepper. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Add the peas and continue cooking until the peas are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.