Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Keema Matar is a traditional Indian dish. It is usually made with lamb, but this recipe is adapted for chicken. From "1000 Great Indian Recipes" by Roli. Heat is "medium", adjust the red pepper as desired.
- Mix ground chicken with cumin, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and tomato paste.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large skillet and cook the onion until it begins to brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until done.
- Add the peas and cook until they are heated through and softened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and garnish with chopped cilantro and hard-boiled eggs.
I was torn between three and four stars, but gave the four stars because the recipe is really pretty healthy and quite easy to make. I halved the meat and consequently used a bit less of the peas as well. I think this recipe would benefit from more Indian spices. It was a bit lacking in flavor in spite of the ginger, garlic, and so on. I also had to turn the heat down a bit after cooking the onions or I would have had a burned mess on my hands. I served with naan.