Recipe by chia
i was looking for a recipe for ground veal and found this online. it was quick, easy and tasty, all my requirements for a weeknight meal
Top Review by Girl from India
I wanted to post this recipe and found yours O! Chia of the sweet smile. It is a very good dish and yours is almost the same as what I make. Only I use around a tsp. of oil, around 2 onions and really fry the onions well, then add the ginger, garlic, green chilli (don't know what are jalapenos) and saute till golden brown, then add the tomatoes and stir till they are incorporated in the mix. Add the garam masala, a little cumin, coriander (1/2 tsp each), red chilli powder(optional for you as I spice things up a lot) and 1/4 tsp of Turmeric pdr. Then add the mince and proceed exactly as your recipe. Try my variation sometime as I will surely try yours. :) Fay Try it with a bread loaf too! Kheema Pav is a favourite around here!! (Pav is a round loaf bread)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces ground veal
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 firm tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 3 cups peas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil or 3 tablespoons cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil is a non stick skillet.
- add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- add veal and beef, season with salt& pepper and cook breaking up with spoon until no longer pink.
- drain grease.
- add garlic tomatoes, ginger, garam masala and jalapenos, cook for 5 minutes.
- add peas and lower heat, cook for 5-10 minutes more until flavor is blended.
- stir in lemon juice and basil.
- serve over basmati rice.