Recipe by Mumma=^..^=
This is an Indian or Pakistani dish. Cinnamon is on of my favourite spices but I would never have thought to try it in a savoury dish before now.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup corn
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in pan with onions until browned.
- Add tomatoes, peas or corn, potatoes and spices along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes or till potatoes are done.
- Add water if it becomes too thick. It should have the consistency of chili.
- Serve over rice or couscous.