Recipe by Boyz 5
Mmmmm... What could be better than soft, chewy cookies fresh out of the oven? I haven't tried these yet, but they sure sound yummy! This recipe was adapted from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes.www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by Christineyy!
One of the BEST cookie recipes EVER. They come out of the oven real puffy but they 'wrinkle up' as they cool. Best when they're a little undercooked so the middle is still gooey. I divided the recipe by 4 and still got over 30 cookies! Of course I had to add more vanilla (it just makes them taste better) but that was the only thing i did differently. Definitely soft and chewy just they way a chocolate chip cookie is supposed to be!
- 453.59 g butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml water
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1182.95 ml all-purpose flour
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more if you desire)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter, eggs, molasses, vanilla and water in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl sift together the sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Combine the moist mixture with the dry mixture; add the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Be careful not to over bake!