Mmmmm... What could be better than soft, chewy cookies fresh out of the oven? I haven't tried these yet, but they sure sound yummy! This recipe was adapted from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes.www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more if you desire)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter, eggs, molasses, vanilla and water in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl sift together the sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Combine the moist mixture with the dry mixture; add the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Be careful not to over bake!