Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are buttery good! I use one cup of regular crisco and 1/2 cup of butter crisco.. Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In large bowl, combine crisco, sugar and salt with mixer on medium speed.add the eggs and beat well.
- While mixing, slowly add the flour, baking soda and water.
- Chop the pecans into very small bits using food processor.
- Add pecans to dough and knead with your hands till pecans are well blended into the dough.
- Roll the douhg into 1" balls and press flat with your hands onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or edges are golden brown.
These are great tea cookies. Not too sweet and can be dressed up by dipping them in chocolate or adding sugar to the tops before baking. I used 1 cup of butter Crisco and only 1/2 cup of plain Crisco because that was the ratio I had available on hand.