Recipe by grandma2969
These are buttery good! I use one cup of regular crisco and 1/2 cup of butter crisco.. Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.
Top Review by ~Alyse~
These are great tea cookies. Not too sweet and can be dressed up by dipping them in chocolate or adding sugar to the tops before baking. I used 1 cup of butter Crisco and only 1/2 cup of plain Crisco because that was the ratio I had available on hand.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In large bowl, combine crisco, sugar and salt with mixer on medium speed.add the eggs and beat well.
- While mixing, slowly add the flour, baking soda and water.
- Chop the pecans into very small bits using food processor.
- Add pecans to dough and knead with your hands till pecans are well blended into the dough.
- Roll the douhg into 1" balls and press flat with your hands onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or edges are golden brown.