Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple version of the rice and smoked fish dish. I love it for an easy supper.
- 1 cup basmatti rice, rinced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon madras curry paste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, hard boiled. quartered
- 2 portions smoked haddock (about 250g)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Put rice, salt and 2cups of water into rice cooker and turn on.
- When steam starts to escape, put the fish in the steaming basket over the rice - it needs 8 or so minutes depending on thickness to cook. It should finish about the same time as the rice is ready.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in the oil in a skillet that has a lid and add the curry paste. Add the frozen peas after a few minutes to defrost and heat through.
- Remove skin from fish and flake.
- Tip the cooked rice into the skillet with the onion mixture and stir together well.
- Gently fold in the flaked fish, top with the boiled eggs and put lid on to warm through the dish over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve.